If you would like to order hard copies of this Prayer Resource, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 07718494586. Due to the coronavirus lockdown, please expect some delays, but we will endeavour to send copies to you as soon as we can.
1. THANK GOD FOR THE HOSPICE MOVEMENT
Lord, please provide necessary finances, staff and volunteers to the hundreds of UK hospices that offer individual holistic care for people approaching the end of life within a peaceful, compassionate atmosphere. Amen.
2. PRAY FOR NURSES, DOCTORS AND OTHERS WHO CARE FOR TERMINALLY ILL PATIENTS
Gracious God, thank You for the dedication and skills of those working in palliative medicine, therapy, respite care, bereavement support and other services for patients and families. Amen.
3. INTERCEDE FOR THOSE WITH LIFE-LIMITING AND TERMINAL CONDITIONS
4. REMEMBER VERY VULNERABLE PEOPLE WHO ARE FEARFUL ABOUT THE FUTURE
Loving Father, please watch over anyone who is alone, uncared for, neglected or abused. Shine Your light into their lives and send Your saving grace and peace. Amen.
5. PRAY ABOUT ATTEMPTS TO LEGALISE ASSISTED SUICIDE IN THE UK
God of justice, please frustrate such plans and grant strategic wisdom to politicians and others to maintain important safeguards and provide palliative, practical and pastoral care. Amen.
6. PRAY FOR THE ROYAL COLLEGES AND OTHER MEDICAL EXPERTS
Merciful Lord, as political and public pressure mounts, please raise up respected medical experts to campaign against permitting assisted suicide and persuade the professional Colleges to maintain their stance against it. Amen.
7. ASK THAT PALLIATIVE CARE MAY BECOME A BIGGER PRIORITY
Dear God, we pray for those in authority to greatly improve access to palliative care throughout the UK to provide all patients with much needed help earlier in their illness. Amen.
8. REMEMBER PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Lord, we pray about the ongoing debate to help those with life-limiting and terminal conditions as well as adults and children with serious disabilities. May they be increasingly heard, appreciated and supported by us all. Amen.
9. PRAY FOR PEOPLE IN COUNTRIES WHERE EUTHANASIA IS LEGAL
Father, we intercede for a change in the law in places that permit various forms of assisted suicide and euthanasia, including States in the USA and Australia, and countries such as Belgium, Canada and the Netherlands. Amen.
10. ASK GOD TO BRING PEACE TO THOSE NEAR THE END OF THEIR LIVES
Loving Saviour, please draw near to those who are dying. Grant that they may have the opportunity and desire to make their peace with You and be filled with Your love. Amen.