CARE: Christian Action, Research and Education

For what you believe
Open menu Close menu
Parker johnson v0 O Wc skg0g unsplash

Take political action

2700311143 71742f798b b

Contact your MP

Each member of the UK has an elected Westminster MP, and Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales also have their own Parliament and Assembly Members. There are several ways for you and your church to make contact and offer encouragement: commit to praying for your MP, write and let them know, and ask if they have specific requests, attend their surgery, invite them to your church for a service or to other activities during the week.

Write to your MP
Massimiliano morosinotto pa I Nk01 G8 Xk unsplash

Join a Political Party

As a party member, you can vote on some party issues, join committees, participate in the formation of policy and share in the selection of candidates for election at local and national level. Ultimately you could be selected to contest an election!

Find out more
Joakim honkasalo Dur C25 Gd Ovk unsplash

Local Government

Local councils have jurisdiction over education, social services, licensing and planning. Councillors are highly influential representatives in our communities.

Explore becoming a councillor
Renate vanaga 25080dt1alw unsplash


Often at the time of a General Election there is a vast overload of information. We can be overwhelmed with leaflets, endless campaigning from message boards to twitter adverts to door-knocking from candidates and political parties.

There is far too much information to take in. Hustings provide an opportunity to cut to the chase and find out what candidates’ priorities would be if elected and what they really think about what matters to us.

Read our hustings guide