Lord of love, thank You for every marriage and family where love is at the centre. We remember adults and children in relationships badly affected by poverty, conflict, unfaithfulness, neglect or cold-heartedness. Please send the help they need.
Other prayer points
- Heavenly Father, thank You for marriage, which reflects Christ’s love for us. May it continue to be honoured and recognised within our society as the principal means of providing lasting security and love between a man and a woman, and to families. Amen.
- Please pray for organisations and individuals encouraging couples to make their relationships even stronger. Remember those attending marriage preparation and other courses and intercede for increasing understanding, grace and love to grow in their lives.
- Lord of love, we bring You every married and engaged couple-particularly those known to us. Pour out Your grace and strength on each one, in seasons of celebration, testing , distress, conflict and many other situations. Amen.
- Remember everyone who has lost a loved one and is experiencing grief and loneliness. Ask God to comfort them and prompt caring friends and family members to express their support and affection in the coming weeks, months and years.
- Pray about the growing trend towards long-term cohabitation relationships-statistically more likely to fail-in place of marriage. Remember too the many couples who decide not to marry because they cannot afford the wedding they feel is expected.
- Dear Father, please prompt more Christians to support families that are struggling with health problems, challenging relationships, money worries and other issues causing anxiety, conflict or hardship. Grant Your peace, wisdom and comfort to those in need. Amen.